Apple has rolled out a series of updates for its major platforms, including MacOS 13.3, iOS/iPadOS 16.4, and WatchOS 9.4. The latest iOS update includes 21 new emoji, which includes five new animals, two new hand gestures, and a few household objects. In addition to the emoji, the update also includes new features like voice isolation for cellular calls, which blocks out ambient noise during calls.
Another significant addition is the Duplicates album in Photos, which now cross-checks with images stored in the iCloud Shared Photo Library to ensure that the albums are clean.
There’s also a new accessibility feature in iOS 16.4 that dims the screen when it detects flashing lights or strobe effects in video content. The update also comes with a slew of minor bug fixes, including improvements to content management for parents, accidental alarm muting, and more.
Apple has also reintroduced the new HomeKit architecture, which was pulled from previous updates due to issues with Siri commands and smart home devices not showing up correctly in the Home App. The new update addresses these issues and also resolves the pairing problem with Matter-compatible devices.
Here are some of the new features in iOS 16.4:
- 21 new emoji, including animals, hand gestures, and household objects
- Voice isolation for cellular calls to block out ambient noise
- Duplicates album in Photos that cross-checks with images stored in the iCloud Shared Photo Library
- A new accessibility feature that dims the screen when it detects flashing lights or strobe effects in video content
- Bug fixes, including improvements to content management for parents and accidental alarm muting
To update your Apple device, navigate to the settings app and check for the latest update.