Apple has released iOS 16.3 for iPhone, with new updated features, bug fixes, and a wallpaper to celebrate Black History Month. The new 16.3 update includes a Unity wallpaper (that honors Black history and culture), Security Keys for Apple ID to strengthen account security, support for the 2nd-generation HomePod, changes to the Emergency SOS, and fixes for issues with Freeform, wallpapers, horizontal lines, Home Lock Screen widget, Siri’s responsiveness, and Siri requests in CarPlay.
The new update comes after just a month after iOS 16.2 release. Here are all the features listed released in iOS 16.3:
iOS 16.3 features:
- Support for the latest generation of HomePod
- Adjusting the Emergency SOS call process to require holding the side button and a volume button before releasing to prevent accidental calls
- Fixing a glitch in the Freeform feature that caused some drawing strokes to not appear on shared boards
- Tackling an issue where the wallpaper may appear black on the Lock Screen
- Introducing a new Unity wallpaper that celebrates Black history and culture in honor of Black History Month
- Adding an extra layer of security with the option to use Security Keys for Apple ID during the two-factor authentication process on new devices
- Fixing a bug where the Home Lock Screen widget does not correctly display the status of the Home app
- Improving Siri’s responsiveness to music requests
- Resolving a problem where horizontal lines may appear temporarily when waking up iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Fixing an issue where Siri requests made through CarPlay may not be understood correctly.