The disruption initially affected the loading of Stories and rendered the entire app inaccessible worldwide. However, to the surprise of many, the Reels feature remained functional and accessible during the outage. While users experienced difficulties with other app features such as Stories, the feed, and messaging, the Reels section continued to work properly.
Also read: OpenAI launches official ChatGPT iPhone app
This outage adds to the list of several instances of downtime experienced by Instagram throughout the year.
While frustrations grew among users during the outage, Instagram has remained silent on the cause and duration of the disruption, leaving many seeking answers and clarification. The lack of official communication from the company has fueled speculation and uncertainty among users.
With Instagram now back online, users can resume their normal activities on the platform, including sharing moments, exploring content, and enjoying the full range of features, including the Reels section. As always, we will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates if any further issues arise.
Stay connected and enjoy your enhanced Instagram experience!
- Creative ways to decorate Instagram story in 2023
- How to fix “The username you entered doesn’t belong to an account” error on Instagram
- How to enable dark mode on Instagram 2023
- Instagram hid like counts ‘unintentionally’ for more people
- How to recover your Instagram deleted messages and data
- How to add multiple photos on your Instagram story